The Voice of Vietnam is holding a competition and entries must be sent by 30 June 2015 (email to email@example.com). As well as the station’s 70th anniversary the contest marks
other occasions including the 70th anniversary of Vietnam’s National Day, the 85th
anniversary of the Communist Party of Vietnam, the 125th birthday of President Ho Chi
Minh and the 40th anniversary of the liberation of southern Vietnam and national
The contest’s theme is “What do you know about Vietnam?” and it’s a proper competition which needs some careful thought (unlike the simple phone-in quizzes so beloved of UK domestic television). The prizes are worthwhile, with a free week-long trip to Vietnam for first place and runners up prizes of a five day trip, a four day trip and ten consolation prizes
You have to answer the following questions, if you are struggling then a short amount of research online should set you straight:
(1) What were Vietnam’s most outstanding achievements in economics, external relations, social welfare, society, and poverty reduction in 2014?;
(2) Vietnam is a member of the UN Human Rights Council for the 2014-2016 term. What have been Vietnam’s contributions and activities during the first year of its two year term?;
(3) In 2014 UNESCO recognised two relic sites and/or art forms in Vietnam as tangible or intangible cultural heritages of humanity. What are they? How many tangible and intangible cultural heritages recognized by UNESCO does Vietnam have? What are they?;
(4) What do you know about Vietnam’s 2015 National Tourism Year themed “Connecting world heritages”? Name the most prominent cultural and tourism events during the year.
(5) The Voice of Vietnam will be 70 years old on 7 September 2015. What have been the major developments at the station over the last five years?
(6) How many people will participate in this contest?